Web analytics is the measurement and analysis of data to inform an understanding of user behavior across web pages.
Analytics platforms measure activity and behavior on a website, for example: how many users visit, how long they stay, how many pages they visit, which pages they visit, and whether they arrive by following a link or not.
Businesses use web analytics platforms to measure and benchmark site performance and to look at key performance indicators that drive their business, such as purchase conversion rate.
- Web analytics is necessary which every business should undertake because along with social presence analytics are important to analyze, are they generating desired revenue what all strategies they need to take by observing their customer buying behavior. Google Analytics is
the ‘standard’ website analytics tool, free and widely used
- Piwik – an open-source solution similar in functionality to Google and a popular alternative, allowing companies full ownership and control of their data
- Adobe analytics- It is a highly customizable analytics platform (Adobe bought analytics leader Omniture in 2009)
· Why do we need web analytics?
· As the name implies, web analytics analysis. … Knowing how to interpret analytical data can provide you with a much better understanding of both your users and your website. Getting to know how your visitors use your site and what they want from it is crucial to developing a successful online strategy
Why web analytics is important?
· Get to know your visitors well and observing their buying behavior
· It helps in SEO.
· Know your best content and work accordingly
· They help us to build strategies for future business.
Some of the tools of web analytics are :
· Crazy egg
· User testing
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free web analytics tool offered by Google to help you analyze your website traffic.
Even though “web analytics” sounds like a very small area of your digital presence, the implications of Google Analytics are huge.
This is because, for most companies, your website serves as a hub for all of your digital traffic. If you are running any marketing activities such as search ads or social media ads, your users are most likely going to visit your website somewhere along their user journey