Online reputation management(ORM)
Online reputation management is managing your reputation online i.e on the Internet. In today’s world, a physical store isn’t much enough you need to take your reputation online and manage it wisely.
No matter what is the size of your business your customers are talking about your product. They are tweeting about your product and propagating your terms of service, so no business can skip management his online reputation.
Online reputation involves 3 steps :
1. Monitoring: It is the process of monitoring your reputation online and in this phase every company needs to develop a listening habit. They need to monitor their reputation online on different platforms. Anyone cannot be present several places in one time, therefore there are various tools to assist the users in this monitoring purposes they serve different characteristics such as :
1. To know about your competition in the market
2. To know what your customers are liking in your product
3. To understand what sort of improvements you need to make in your products.
2)Prevention: It is the process of preventing your bad reputation in the market and for this you can follow these simple steps
a) Write blogs, Google love blogs, and fresh content so this may help your business to rank better and prevent bad reputation
b) Search for pages of your domain if available on various platforms such as on Namechk, you can check if your domain username is available on various platforms such as on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
c) Turn on the Auto-Responders, when a customer is complaining you about any product so it should make sure that he gets the reply early so that he may know that a company knows its fault and is working on it.
3) Cleaning: It is the process of cleaning the damages done to your brand. In the case of this, we need to hire several business experts to manage our online reputation. In case of irrelevant comments, you can flag that comment and google may remove that irrelevant comment. Several business experts say trust is a perishable asset and it is hard to gain, making people respect your work is more important than online reputation management.
· Two out of three people see the Internet as the most reliable source of information about a person or a business
· 70% of hiring managers have rejected a candidate because of something they found online (Cross-Tab)
· When looking for a local business, 97% of people read online reviews
· Over 80% of reputation damage comes from a mismatch between the buzz and the reality
Your online reputation is the confluence of every piece of information about you online. This information comes together to form an opinion on a person’s mind about you or your brand, whether positive or negative. The easier it is to find the information, the more of an impact it will have on your reputation.