What are Google Ads?
Google’s advertising system in which advertisers bid on certain keywords in order for their clickable ads to appear in Google’s search results. Since advertisers have to pay for these clicks, this is how Google makes money from search.
Google is the largest search engine on the Internet, and to use the Internet as a profit-making source, one needs to use Google. Google AdWords makes your marketing task a whole lot easier by bringing huge per click traffic through the use of proper keywords.
Google AdWords is one of the services advertisers use for online promotion of their content, brand, website, etc through certain defined keywords to achieve traffic or leads. It is a form of brief advertising copy with keywords that are displayed on Google web pages and partner websites (called publishers) after matching their content with the keywords.
Running an online business is no joke, especially when you have to compete with giants like Amazon that have an endless marketing budget fuelling their advertising. The race to reach the first page of Google search results is highly competitive. Trying to reach the first page, even with excellent SEO may easily take months or even a year.
This is where paid ads (PPC) come in. Google AdWords is Google’s advertising service that allows businesses to display their ads on Google’s search result pages. The ads usually appear at the top or bottom of Google SERPs (search engine result pages).
Google Ads are of several types:
- Text/Search ads
- Display ads
- Video ads
- App ads
- Shopping ads
Every ad has its own advantage and disadvantages based upon your goal, Ad without a goal is meaningless, You should have a good landing page as well as a clear goal for your Ad then only you can make most of it.
Google Bidding Strategies:
- CPC/PPC- It stands for Cost per click and Pay per click. These are used interchangeably. In this, you pay for a single click on your Ad but not for the impressions
- CPV(Cost per view)-It is the amount you pay for one view on video ad to 30 sec or full video ad whichever is less
- CPM- It stands for Cost per mile or cost per thousand Impressions which you will pay when 1000 people get an impression of your ad
- CPI- It stands for Cost per Install which you pay to google for one installation of your App
- CPL- It stands for Cost per Lead which you pay for every lead that you will get by your Ads
- CPE-It stands for Cost per Engagement which you pay when someone hovers a cursor on your Display Ad for at least 2 seconds