Marketing is a process of displaying and advertising company’s product in a best possible manner.
Marketing are of two types;
Virtual Marketing(Digital Marketing)
Digital Marketing is a marketing technique that involves the usage of digital medium such as Internet and wireless medium for Awareness, Consideration, Purchase and Loyalty of a product and company.
- Mobile marketing
- Email marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- Pay per click transaction
- Social media marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Google ad-words
- Content marketing
- Website marketing
Digital Marketing is preferred by its ability to target mass people in personalized manner
- Mobile marketing: It is a process of marketing through mobile via mms, sms,emails,social media etc.
- Email Marketing: It is a activity of sending mails or commercial message to many people via emails.
- Affiliate Marketing: Running of advertisement on any other platform to enhance sales.
- Pay Per click transactions: In this advertiser pays every time his ads are being clicked.
- Social Media Marketing: It involves sharing of advertisements over social platforms to gain more customers.
- Search Engine Optimization: It is process of optimizing your website according to the keyword to rank our website at the top, this process is referred as Organic results.
- Google Ad-words: It is a method in which we pay google some amount to rank our websites at the top, it is referred as Inorganic results.
- Content Marketing: Providing content to users in form of videos, text, images etc. to make them aware or interested in the product.
- Website Marketing: It is a process of using Internet to market your business. It includes search engine, emails, blogging etc.
For example: Adidas company need to sell there shoes and they want to marketize their product digitally for this company need to hire digital marketer who can optimize their website according to the keyword searched by the user for this SEO is required. They can go for affiliate marketing as well, they can run there ads on social networking websites and can gather traffic from there also.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Digital Marketing
- Targeted audience can be reached
- Cost effective
- Online Sales
- Internet marketing results can be measured
- Campaigns are very easy to copy
- Illiterate people cannot be reached
Difference between Traditional and Digital marketing
- Traditional-It was quite expensive
- Digital- It is cheaper as compared to traditional.
- Traditional- It involves usage of newspaper,televisions etc
- Digital – It involves Digital medium such as internet and wireless technology.
- Traditional- It was one way only
- Digital- It is two way buyer can share, respond and act to it
- Traditional – The reach was nationwide only
- Digital -The reach here is Global or International
- Traditional -Bigger brands can afford Global reach only
- Digital – Reaching global is common.Traffic Acquisition Channels
- Ques} How can you represent your website at top when searching for a keyword by a user?
- Ans} You can represent your website at the top by two ways:
- a) Search engine optimization: By optimizing your website according to the keyword, you can rate your website at the top on search engine by using ‘Keyword Planner Tool’. It is a ‘organic way’ in which we are not required to pay any amount.
- b)Google Ad-words: If we cannot optimize our website, then by google ad-words we can rank our website at the top by paying some amount to Google. It is ‘inorganic way’ in which we have to pay some amount to Google