What is AFFILIATE MARKETING?
Affiliate marketing is the process of earning a commission by promoting other people’s (or company’s) products. You find a product you like, promote it to others and earn a piece of the profit for each sale that you make.
The cost to the customer purchasing the product or service through an affiliate is the same as buying directly from the product owner.
While product owners make less money per sale because they must pay a percentage of the sale to the affiliate, they are also reaching potential customers they probably wouldn’t reach on their own.
Affiliates can earn commissions on a one-time purchase or recurring income through sales of subscriptions or membership programs.
How to become an Affiliate?
- Registering to become an affiliate on retail or eCommerce sites. Shopify, for example, has an affiliate program that lets marketers earn commissions on new Shopify customers.
- Surveying existing customers to learn their favorite products or services and then contacting those companies to inquire about an affiliate program. For example, a small business marketing consultant might become an affiliate of an email list management and distribution service.
- Searching online for products that are relevant to the marketer’s site and will appeal to the target audience. Most companies that offer affiliate programs indicate that with an “Affiliates” or “Partners” link at the bottom of their site home page.
- Looking for potential affiliate products at affiliate program managers that include Commission Junction, Click bank, and ShareASale.
How does it work?
After being accepted into an affiliate program, marketers receive a unique URL that includes their affiliate ID. They share that unique URL with their subscribers, site visitors, and social networks via text links or ads. When someone clicks on that link, affiliate software records that click and any resulting product sales in the affiliate’s account. When commissions reach a -determined threshold, the affiliate is paid.
Steps to Earning Your First Affiliate Commission
1. Choose a Niche
Before you even begin building your first site, you’ll need to decide which niche you’re going to target.
- Write blogs on your Niche
- Is there enough interest in/demand for products in this niche?
- Are there affiliate programs available in this niche?
2. Research Affiliate Programs
Search for the website that is providing an opportunity to promote their product such as Amazon, Flipkart,eBay, Clickbank, etc
3. Build a Website
Get your website for running Affiliate programs. Purchase a domain, Hosting and connect them then install CMS software and then theme into it and get started with wp/admin dashboard
4. Produce Excellent Content
Write good Articles and create a post that can attract traffic to your website. Remember more is the traffic more are the chances to earn from Affiliate.
5. Promote Affiliate Offers from UTM links
You will be provided with a UTM link consisting of your user-id you will create to get started for an Affiliate program. When anyone will buy from your provided link you will get a commission